Scroll to top
Active Duty, Guard and Reserve Issues
- Won 1.6% military pay raise to match private sector pay growth.
- Won requirement for DoD to prescribe dwell time requirements and track compliance.
- Won prohibition of administrative separation for medical conditions previously cleared by physical evaluation board.
- Won extension of voluntary separation pay authority through 2018.
- Won skills/transition training for service members approaching separation date.
- Improved reemployment rights protection for National Guard members.
- Won requirement for DoD report on potential expansion of Homeowner Assistance Program.
- Won transition services upgrades for separating service members.
- Blocked 27% cut in Medicare and TRICARE payments.
- Won provision limiting percentage increases in TRICARE Prime fees to COLA percentage.
- Won requirement for person-to-person pre- and post-deployment mental health assessments. Upgraded transitional health benefits for separating members and families.
- Won provisions aimed at reducing stigma associated with mental health evaluations.
- Won new authority for DoD to enter public-private partnerships to treat wounded warriors.
Retirement and Survivor Issues
- Authorized voluntary retirement incentive for members with 20+ years.
- Authorized Temporary Early Retirement Authority for members with 15-19 years.
- Expanded death gratuity protections for Reserve members on inactive duty training.
- Required GAO review of space-available travel options for current ineligible retirees/survivors.
- Won requirement for DoD report on expedited process for disability determinations.
- Won requirement for DoD report on consolidating service disability evaluation systems.
Veterans and Other Issues
- Won requirement for DoD report on education programs for members and spouses.
- Won requirement for GAO report on programs to promote military spouse employment.
- Won extension of employer tax incentives for hiring unemployed veterans.
- Re-opened educational/training benefits for older unemployed veterans.